Thursday, April 9, 2009

As I mentioned in last Saturday's blog ... I arrived at school last week to find a box sitting on my desk. The box contained the first 'hint' that God was still at work in people's hearts.

Kym had been busy spreading 'the word' ... inside were fabrics and stitcheries given by two generous quilting and fabric shops.

William helped me unpack it all when I got home. He was a little startled by the 'Pampered Pooch' charm pack.
It's OK William ... we'll make sure the cats of the world are represented on another quilt.
The fabrics came from Kathryn at thepersianbazaar online shop ( http://tinyurl.com/dkaqos ).
Kym's mum added some 'camo' backing fabic.Aren't the panels fabulous?
The stitcheries (all packaged up with their needles and thread) are from Marilyn at The Patchwork Teahouse in Warburton. The idea was for students to complete them. This was a bit of a dilemma as I didn't know 'who' I could get to take this on (it was too hard for my Primary students). As it turns out, there has been discussions afoot about starting a craft group for some of the Secondary students, and the staff were trying to work out where to begin ... perfect!
... guess what you're doing guys? Yay!William was particularly attracted to one with butterflies.
You keep an eye on it mate ... don't let it fly away .. ;-)
When the stitcheries are finished we'll put them together into a quilt - it will look fabulous.

Thank you for your generosity - they are all on the way into quilts as we speak (er ... I write).
A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment