Monday, January 7, 2013

Time to re-band and make more Snuggle Quilts

I've been here before ...

Summer is well and truly here - and so are the bushfires.  At the moment fires are raging in Tasmania, with 100 properties destroyed so far.  Watching the devastation brings back the awful memories of why Snuggle Quilts first began.

We've been quiet since 2011 (life became overfull) - but it's time to reband and get sewing.

What can be done RIGHT NOW?  

Labels
I have a number of quilts that only need to have labels attached and they will be ready to go.

Quilting
This is the GREATEST area of need.  It seems that we all love to piece, but not quilt - hence, there are MANY quilts that are ready for quilting.
SQ has backing and batting - I just need quilters!
I so wish we had someone with access to a professional longarm setup  and someone who could use it!
Ah ... to dream! 

Blocks-to-Tops
There is a pile of blocks to be made into quilt tops.
SQ has some fabric for sashing, borders etc - but not a huge range.

Blocks
In its simplest form, a Snuggle Quilt is made up of 9 x 121/2" blocks.  We've found this size to be manageable, quick to make and a nice size for snuggling.

Can you help?

At the moment I can't host a sewing day as a large part of my house is 'packed up' and in a mess - we're in the middle of having our family room/kitchen/laundry floors resealed!  Ugh!!!

But I DO have access to all the Snuggle Quilts supplies.

If you are able to help, please contact me (email link via Angela next to the About Me photo) and let me know what you are able to do.

A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment